Skip to main content

What else I have up my sleeve...

I really do not love our full bathroom that we have. There are literally three different types of wall coverings in it. Tile, cedar plank and paneling !!! I do love the paint color and new flooring we did though...

You can see the walls in these pics and if you look close under the floor rugs you can see tile...




So after perusing some other blogs, I realized instead of taking down all walls, removing sink and toilet... then re sheet rocking,

this will be an easier solution for now.

So here is some inspiration for it. Maybe this curtain, but who knows what kind of artwork to go with it...



or go w this ..this is vintage wallpaper that I would frame, but I am not sure if putting an ivory curtain will be ok with sharing with the hubs... hmmm




I'll also repaint too. I am thinking of painting the walls on color and then the ceiling a light shade or same color... lots to do !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some plans come undone...

This seems to be the theme of our lives lately but it also fit in to the semi decorating reno I wanted to do in our downstairs bathroom/laundry room. And see that was the question, is it a bathroom or is it a laundry room or heck, is it both? I decided to embrace it and decorate around it being a laundry room. I planned on painting the walls gray and one day I will get around to it. But for now I just used the decorations I had come up with to change it up a bit. Here is the before. And the after... We removed the verticals and hung a valance that we had, we had changed the light fixture months ago to make it flow better with the one above the sink. We also changed the hardware on all the cabinets to silver instead of bronze. We also added a shelf to go above the washer and dryer. This way all the soap, fabric softener and bounce sheets had a new home. I then added decorations that went with the theme of a laundry room. Believe it or not this old washboard was in our shed. Looks like ...

Stressed blessed

Strange title right? Let me explain. Over the weekend we put our a/c on in our bedroom and it smelled disgusting. We call for service, being the planner I am, we of course have a service contract... So they come to service it and they tell me it needs to be taken out of the wall for two week to be cleaned etc. etc..... LONG story short we need a new a/c, this one is shy of three years old and the old service contract I paid in full for, is now gone with the unit. New a/c = new service contract =  more $ spent.... So this stressed me out. We also have a lot of things happening in the next few months. We have three monumental birthdays coming up for loved ones, a bridal shower to celebrate, a baby being born, a wedding, our son's dedication, Father's day, Memorial day and house guests coming to stay with us ... all which we need $ to purchase gifts, outfits or items for... So this stressed me out. Then, I sat back and thought about it. I realized ...

Jingle Bell Rock

It's Christmas time in Hollis Queens, Mom's cooking chicken and collard greens !!! Yep it's time to let you know my favorite Christmas songs: Ready??? Can you guess that's one of them. Any version of Home for the Holidays will do. My favorite part is " And he was headin ' for Pennsylvania and some homemade pumpkin pie From Pennsylvania folks are trav'lin " This song makes me feel all warm and fuzzy Dave and Tim, "The Christmas Song" : The Best version of this song right here. BNL and Sarah Mclachlan : A lil Hawaiian for you " Mele Kalikimaka " by the one and only Bing ! I love Jack Johnson in every way, especially when he sings this song : This song reminds me of my mother in law and always starts off my christmas season : And because I am a New Yorker, my husband resembles Rob Thomas and this version was on my favorite show, The Today Show... I give you "New York City Christmas" by Rob Thomas