Skip to main content

Good enough...

I am sure everyone has asked themselves this once or twice along their life, "Am I good enough?" For me, I ask myself this question weekly. It's hard to just go along course of life without asking this question. Well, for me it is.

When I was a kid, I would say I was a considered "nervous nelly". Be it my surroundings that caused my hyper sensitiveness or just my make up. Fast forward to my teenage/early twenty years when it was really just me. "Single" me. This "Beth" was extremely more care free and worried less about consequences/responsibility. She didn't last very long ;)

Over the years, I gained more and more responsibility, an awesome husband and now a precious son. Life changes you. Life molds you for sure. But maybe you are who you always were all the way from the start?

At 37, I have realized exactly who I am. It took a long time to get here and I am sure I still have more to go.I am finally comfortable in my own skin. I see myself as beautiful. I have come to know all of my favorite things. And I know I am very much a home body. I like to stick to a small circle of people I trust. When I love them, I really LOVE them. I love to host gatherings at my home, to share my home with them. If I invite you to my house, know I am very comfortable with you. I am not saying this as a prize, I am simply saying that my nerves tend to get in the way sometimes and if I let you in, where I feel most comfortable, know you are a gift to me.

I also know there is a big world out there, but I am happy with living local and spending time with my loved ones. I am happy with seeing the great big "world" through my kiddos eyes. Do you know how wonderful it was to watch him play in a mud puddle in my very own backyard??!! Do you know how it was amazing to see his face light up on a go kart? This to me is everything.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

Lipstick messages

Yesterday was my birthday. Nothing fabulous. At this point of my age, it's just another year older. Nothing monumental, not a new decade, nothing to go crazy about.... But it got me thinking about when my sisters and I were younger, (and anyone else who may have lived here from time to time) my mom would write lipstick messages on our bathroom mirror. Most of the times it would say "Happy Birthday" to us. And if I was having a terrible week , it would be something encouraging like "I love you, have a great day." Well, I definitely miss my lipstick messages. I wish when they were written, we had Facebook or Instagram. What a cool thing to have captured. Here is a picture of what one may have looked like, not ours, but similar.