Skip to main content

Why are we always apologizing for our actions...

Image result for QUIET


A recent post that my sister in law wrote on FB got me thinking about this. Everything we seem to say we tend to have this insistent need to censor ourselves. We seem to always have to include a disclaimer on things we know could spark controversy or have someone possibly disagree with our actions. What for? Why can't we just live?

I for one, know that people truly can't handle the truth (I do see how I sound like a 90's movie here) or possibly really don't want to hear it. I lived my 20s and most of my 30s in many friendships where I was very truthful with my actions and about theirs, and want to guess where those friendships are now??? It's just not worth it ! 

People don't like the truth. People like to see pretty pictures of our top hits on the Internet. Then, we take those pictures and manifest them into these grand moments. Moments we are pretty certain happen every day in the lives we view. Then bam ! We feel bad about our OWN lives... We don't have that new bag? We didn't take those beautiful family pictures? We didn't buy a home? We don't travel that much? We didn't decorate our home that way? But you see, if people told the TRUTH all the time, who would really covet that life? 

What's the point? All we can do is live OUR best life. Because at the end of the day and the end of us, what more is there?

mic drop ####


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some plans come undone...

This seems to be the theme of our lives lately but it also fit in to the semi decorating reno I wanted to do in our downstairs bathroom/laundry room. And see that was the question, is it a bathroom or is it a laundry room or heck, is it both? I decided to embrace it and decorate around it being a laundry room. I planned on painting the walls gray and one day I will get around to it. But for now I just used the decorations I had come up with to change it up a bit. Here is the before. And the after... We removed the verticals and hung a valance that we had, we had changed the light fixture months ago to make it flow better with the one above the sink. We also changed the hardware on all the cabinets to silver instead of bronze. We also added a shelf to go above the washer and dryer. This way all the soap, fabric softener and bounce sheets had a new home. I then added decorations that went with the theme of a laundry room. Believe it or not this old washboard was in our shed. Looks like ...

Stressed blessed

Strange title right? Let me explain. Over the weekend we put our a/c on in our bedroom and it smelled disgusting. We call for service, being the planner I am, we of course have a service contract... So they come to service it and they tell me it needs to be taken out of the wall for two week to be cleaned etc. etc..... LONG story short we need a new a/c, this one is shy of three years old and the old service contract I paid in full for, is now gone with the unit. New a/c = new service contract =  more $ spent.... So this stressed me out. We also have a lot of things happening in the next few months. We have three monumental birthdays coming up for loved ones, a bridal shower to celebrate, a baby being born, a wedding, our son's dedication, Father's day, Memorial day and house guests coming to stay with us ... all which we need $ to purchase gifts, outfits or items for... So this stressed me out. Then, I sat back and thought about it. I realized ...

Noah's dedication

A month later and I've finally gotten around to posting about this amazing day. Originally Mr. B and I wanted to have the dedication at home, but we opted to have it in a restaurant instead. Less clean up, less set up and less stress ! We went to one place and fell in love with it. We booked it on the spot. Here is what it looks like inside, if you know me in real life, you know this is 100% my style. I looked online for a while to find the right invite. Most websites are pre printed invites that all said "Baptism or Christening".... it was hard to find one that actually said or allowed me to write dedication. I went with the good old staple, Vistaprint. I also designed labels there as well. Below you can see both. The cake was something I wasn't 100% sold on since we really didn't need one because there was a dessert buffet. But I figured for picture use, it would be good.... hindsight, I have one picture of it !!! Waste of money, although the cake was del...