Skip to main content

39...

This past summer my world got a bit jostled. I wouldn't say "went upside down," cause I will save that term for darker days. But jostled fits. Things out of the norm happened, changing my entire perspective on life. Maybe one day I will share with the world the grim details, but for now here are my thoughts on something that felt awful  but turned quite beautiful.

Image result for LIFE

For many years I've always been hesitant to say out in the air how I loved my life, how I loved my surroundings and was happy. Why you might wonder? Because I felt each time I did, something went horribly wrong. The beginning of the summer I was dealing with finalizing preparations for my son's 504/ICHP for his school due to his food allergies. It took six months of emails, meetings and phone conversations. SIX MONTHS. When it was completed, it was almost like my body, my mind and soul just went into shock. This literally forced me to re evaluate so many things around me. It made me see who was in my corner and sadly who was not. I had to make changes for myself in ways I never had before and in ways that down right stunk ! I had to end relationships that I nurtured too long and no longer felt good in them. But it made room for me to nurture relationships that I may have had on the back burner. Because those were my cheerleaders. Those people were the ones who cared, who showed up and who always had my back after all. It forced me to speak truth of where I was in life, where my body and mind where and it made me see life in a different light.

And guess what? I came out on top. I have a LONG way to go on this journey but I feel that this past summer took a turn, not for the worse but for the better. I truly believe life is planned out for us, we are just handed it and we must figure out which way to move next. Even if it was jostled, I am glad it did happen. Thank you universe for knowing I needed this, even if it was quite the stressful journey. PS take it easy on me for a bit =)
Image result for universe stars

Comments

redellen14 said…
You always know how to handle things. Even though they seem overwhelming at times, you rise above. I am so proud of the woman you have grown into. Who would of thought that spoiled little pigtail child would grow up to conquer her world. You are a wonderful mother and a great wife. (cook, decorated and housekeeper too!) I guess I did a great job raising you! LOL I love you
your Mommy

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

A NYC Magical weekend

This pass weekend Mr. B and I decided to head into the city to walk around, shop and grab some street eats. It was so fun and there was just something magical about it. I took my camera along to photograph somethings. I am pretty sure we walked 40 blocks that day. Pretty awesome. This is what greeted us right outside of Penn Station. Lots of people, cabs and billboards. The next stop H & M, how cool is this light fixture. I really wanted it ! Next up Lush. Have you been? If not find one in your area and get there asap. It's amazing and all the products are great. I ended up getting sugar lips scrub and hand gurugu Here are the handmade soaps they offer too. Never tried but I hear they are amazing too ! Next up Bryant Park. It was a first for me and Mr. B... weird right? This time of year they have their own beautiful tree and cute holiday shops. It was very fun. Here is a picture of the trees because yes, there are trees in spots of NYC. I think the tree in Bryant Park is way p