Skip to main content

39...

This past summer my world got a bit jostled. I wouldn't say "went upside down," cause I will save that term for darker days. But jostled fits. Things out of the norm happened, changing my entire perspective on life. Maybe one day I will share with the world the grim details, but for now here are my thoughts on something that felt awful  but turned quite beautiful.

Image result for LIFE

For many years I've always been hesitant to say out in the air how I loved my life, how I loved my surroundings and was happy. Why you might wonder? Because I felt each time I did, something went horribly wrong. The beginning of the summer I was dealing with finalizing preparations for my son's 504/ICHP for his school due to his food allergies. It took six months of emails, meetings and phone conversations. SIX MONTHS. When it was completed, it was almost like my body, my mind and soul just went into shock. This literally forced me to re evaluate so many things around me. It made me see who was in my corner and sadly who was not. I had to make changes for myself in ways I never had before and in ways that down right stunk ! I had to end relationships that I nurtured too long and no longer felt good in them. But it made room for me to nurture relationships that I may have had on the back burner. Because those were my cheerleaders. Those people were the ones who cared, who showed up and who always had my back after all. It forced me to speak truth of where I was in life, where my body and mind where and it made me see life in a different light.

And guess what? I came out on top. I have a LONG way to go on this journey but I feel that this past summer took a turn, not for the worse but for the better. I truly believe life is planned out for us, we are just handed it and we must figure out which way to move next. Even if it was jostled, I am glad it did happen. Thank you universe for knowing I needed this, even if it was quite the stressful journey. PS take it easy on me for a bit =)
Image result for universe stars

Comments

redellen14 said…
You always know how to handle things. Even though they seem overwhelming at times, you rise above. I am so proud of the woman you have grown into. Who would of thought that spoiled little pigtail child would grow up to conquer her world. You are a wonderful mother and a great wife. (cook, decorated and housekeeper too!) I guess I did a great job raising you! LOL I love you
your Mommy

Popular posts from this blog

Some plans come undone...

This seems to be the theme of our lives lately but it also fit in to the semi decorating reno I wanted to do in our downstairs bathroom/laundry room. And see that was the question, is it a bathroom or is it a laundry room or heck, is it both? I decided to embrace it and decorate around it being a laundry room. I planned on painting the walls gray and one day I will get around to it. But for now I just used the decorations I had come up with to change it up a bit. Here is the before. And the after... We removed the verticals and hung a valance that we had, we had changed the light fixture months ago to make it flow better with the one above the sink. We also changed the hardware on all the cabinets to silver instead of bronze. We also added a shelf to go above the washer and dryer. This way all the soap, fabric softener and bounce sheets had a new home. I then added decorations that went with the theme of a laundry room. Believe it or not this old washboard was in our shed. Looks like ...

Stressed blessed

Strange title right? Let me explain. Over the weekend we put our a/c on in our bedroom and it smelled disgusting. We call for service, being the planner I am, we of course have a service contract... So they come to service it and they tell me it needs to be taken out of the wall for two week to be cleaned etc. etc..... LONG story short we need a new a/c, this one is shy of three years old and the old service contract I paid in full for, is now gone with the unit. New a/c = new service contract =  more $ spent.... So this stressed me out. We also have a lot of things happening in the next few months. We have three monumental birthdays coming up for loved ones, a bridal shower to celebrate, a baby being born, a wedding, our son's dedication, Father's day, Memorial day and house guests coming to stay with us ... all which we need $ to purchase gifts, outfits or items for... So this stressed me out. Then, I sat back and thought about it. I realized ...

Noah's dedication

A month later and I've finally gotten around to posting about this amazing day. Originally Mr. B and I wanted to have the dedication at home, but we opted to have it in a restaurant instead. Less clean up, less set up and less stress ! We went to one place and fell in love with it. We booked it on the spot. Here is what it looks like inside, if you know me in real life, you know this is 100% my style. I looked online for a while to find the right invite. Most websites are pre printed invites that all said "Baptism or Christening".... it was hard to find one that actually said or allowed me to write dedication. I went with the good old staple, Vistaprint. I also designed labels there as well. Below you can see both. The cake was something I wasn't 100% sold on since we really didn't need one because there was a dessert buffet. But I figured for picture use, it would be good.... hindsight, I have one picture of it !!! Waste of money, although the cake was del...