Skip to main content

Our babes $40.00 dresser & a very old bookshelf

 
I knew that I didn't want the traditional changing table nor did I want things to really match perfectly together in his room. At first, I had a french provincial style in my head, but once we found out it was a boy, I felt it was just way too girly. We have a great thrift store by our home, with amazing furniture. Earlier on in my pregnancy my mom and I stopped there while Mr. B went to the gym. Luckily, Mr. B and his truck were down the road from the thrift store when we found this gem. There was even a sale going on and the final price was $40.00 ! Can you believe it? This thing is solid.
 
Now of course I wanted to take on the task of refinishing it but we do not have a basement or garage and I knew that it may not be the best idea seeing I was pregnant and all. Ya know, fumes etc. So my father in law happily took on the task. I have to say I kid with him that he's a perfectionist, but wow, this was totally impressive. Here is the "new"dresser in all it's glory. Funny story on the color selection. I knew I wanted blue and one day we were at a BBQ at one of our family member's home. This color was inspired by the vinyl siding of their very cool neighbor's home !  So awesome right? Very random I know lol !
Then we have the babe's bookshelf. This bookshelf has been in my family for as long as I can remember and has been many, many different colors. When it was left to us after we bought our home, I painted it what you see here from all yellow. Not bad, but not going to match for our babe's room.
With a little paint (low VOC of course) we have this ! Now I was not as much as a perfectionist with this as my father in law was with the dresser, but I am okay with that, I truly do love it.
 And now with the entire shelf filled to the brim ! This babe is one lucky little boy. See all those books? Yea they came from my shower ! So very cool.
More to share soon of the entire room. Just some more finishing touches (i.e curtains and curtain rods) and then we are done. We just need him ! =)

Comments

redellen14 said…
I must admit as a the "Grandma" I was a little concerned that my new grandson's room would not conform to what I had in mind as a baby's room! WOW..is all I can say. I just love every inch of his room. He is one lucky child. He has very unique parents and they have done a wonderful job. As the big event gets closer, chills run up and down my spine. My baby, my little girl is having a baby! Life is amazing..

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

Lipstick messages

Yesterday was my birthday. Nothing fabulous. At this point of my age, it's just another year older. Nothing monumental, not a new decade, nothing to go crazy about.... But it got me thinking about when my sisters and I were younger, (and anyone else who may have lived here from time to time) my mom would write lipstick messages on our bathroom mirror. Most of the times it would say "Happy Birthday" to us. And if I was having a terrible week , it would be something encouraging like "I love you, have a great day." Well, I definitely miss my lipstick messages. I wish when they were written, we had Facebook or Instagram. What a cool thing to have captured. Here is a picture of what one may have looked like, not ours, but similar.