Skip to main content

Ever miss someone so much it hurts?

Well that's how I feel about this lady right here.

Here name is Karen. She is actually my sister's best friend but I consider her one of my dear friends as well. She grew up two houses down from where we grew up (the home I still live in to this day.) She actually used to "babysit" me until I think I was 13 ! Who gets babysat at 13 lol??? Seriously ! We would play Nintendo, eat tater tots and crunch bars and have a grand old time. She was/is like another sister to me. I can remember many great  belly laughs were had. So why do I miss her? We'll she moved years ago, first to California and now to Arizona. She lives with her husband and two adorable sons that I have never met. We keep up with each other via facebook but as you know that's just not the same.
I know one day I will see K again in the flesh and not just on the Internet, but until then I miss her too much.

Love you K. One day I will be in Arizona or you will once again be in New York.

Comments

Melissa said…
I miss K too!
redellen14 said…
A tear came to my eyes! I remember all the fun and laughs we had with Karen. She is my "other" child. I am so proud of her...she has grown into a beautiful woman..a wonderful wife and mother. Love you K

Popular posts from this blog

Some plans come undone...

This seems to be the theme of our lives lately but it also fit in to the semi decorating reno I wanted to do in our downstairs bathroom/laundry room. And see that was the question, is it a bathroom or is it a laundry room or heck, is it both? I decided to embrace it and decorate around it being a laundry room. I planned on painting the walls gray and one day I will get around to it. But for now I just used the decorations I had come up with to change it up a bit. Here is the before. And the after... We removed the verticals and hung a valance that we had, we had changed the light fixture months ago to make it flow better with the one above the sink. We also changed the hardware on all the cabinets to silver instead of bronze. We also added a shelf to go above the washer and dryer. This way all the soap, fabric softener and bounce sheets had a new home. I then added decorations that went with the theme of a laundry room. Believe it or not this old washboard was in our shed. Looks like ...

Stressed blessed

Strange title right? Let me explain. Over the weekend we put our a/c on in our bedroom and it smelled disgusting. We call for service, being the planner I am, we of course have a service contract... So they come to service it and they tell me it needs to be taken out of the wall for two week to be cleaned etc. etc..... LONG story short we need a new a/c, this one is shy of three years old and the old service contract I paid in full for, is now gone with the unit. New a/c = new service contract =  more $ spent.... So this stressed me out. We also have a lot of things happening in the next few months. We have three monumental birthdays coming up for loved ones, a bridal shower to celebrate, a baby being born, a wedding, our son's dedication, Father's day, Memorial day and house guests coming to stay with us ... all which we need $ to purchase gifts, outfits or items for... So this stressed me out. Then, I sat back and thought about it. I realized ...

Noah's dedication

A month later and I've finally gotten around to posting about this amazing day. Originally Mr. B and I wanted to have the dedication at home, but we opted to have it in a restaurant instead. Less clean up, less set up and less stress ! We went to one place and fell in love with it. We booked it on the spot. Here is what it looks like inside, if you know me in real life, you know this is 100% my style. I looked online for a while to find the right invite. Most websites are pre printed invites that all said "Baptism or Christening".... it was hard to find one that actually said or allowed me to write dedication. I went with the good old staple, Vistaprint. I also designed labels there as well. Below you can see both. The cake was something I wasn't 100% sold on since we really didn't need one because there was a dessert buffet. But I figured for picture use, it would be good.... hindsight, I have one picture of it !!! Waste of money, although the cake was del...