Skip to main content

Glee

**Cory Montieth
**July 17, 2013
**the farewell episode

I watch Glee, I wouldn't consider myself a "Gleek," but I watch the show. Mostly for the singing but I do understand  the story lines through all that singing that I actually watch.  I have grown to like it and of course, follow the love story of Finn and Rachel. 

I watched the farewell episode last night and I wept. I realized, my tears were not because of the character Finn or the real life actor who overdosed, but because it brought me back to the date I found our this actor died. July 17, 2013. A date that will forever be ingrained in memory for me and my family.

I can remember that morning reading yahoo news on my phone and feeling shocked. I remember thinking how could this actor I knew nothing about, pass away? He seemed so "good" and so "normal." I was sad about since he seemed "good" but then that was that, off to get ready for church we went. I didn't cry last night because of someone I didn't know. I cried because it reminded me of the day I read yahoo news, went to church and then found out my cousin Kim had cancer. What I didn't know then or even fathom to think, was that three short days later, Kim would leave us.

Last night I watched, as I am sure many others did and cried. At one point Mr. B asked, "are you really crying?" and for a few minutes after he asked, I couldn't talk. Yes, I was really crying. But not because of the loss of someone I didn't know, or the acting in the show making the "story" sad. It was because it hit all too close to home for me. There was a scene with the characters mom that just made me so terribly sad. Being a new mom myself, I could feel the words this actress was saying and I could think of how my own aunt must be feeling now. It crushes you. I am not sure how people do go on after losing a child. It's almost one of the mysteries of the world to me. It's not the order that things are supposed to happen and it confuses everything. I don't understand how two young girls can lose their mom and move forward. Again, not the order it's supposed to happen and it confuses everything.

Right right after they sang "Fire and Rain" by James Taylor I began to cry again  (as I am now). The most poignant part of the song, that I have always loved stung me so bad last night... "And I always thought I'd see you again"...Well Kimmie, isn't that the truth. But one day, I will, just off this earth, up where our angels live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

A NYC Magical weekend

This pass weekend Mr. B and I decided to head into the city to walk around, shop and grab some street eats. It was so fun and there was just something magical about it. I took my camera along to photograph somethings. I am pretty sure we walked 40 blocks that day. Pretty awesome. This is what greeted us right outside of Penn Station. Lots of people, cabs and billboards. The next stop H & M, how cool is this light fixture. I really wanted it ! Next up Lush. Have you been? If not find one in your area and get there asap. It's amazing and all the products are great. I ended up getting sugar lips scrub and hand gurugu Here are the handmade soaps they offer too. Never tried but I hear they are amazing too ! Next up Bryant Park. It was a first for me and Mr. B... weird right? This time of year they have their own beautiful tree and cute holiday shops. It was very fun. Here is a picture of the trees because yes, there are trees in spots of NYC. I think the tree in Bryant Park is way p