Skip to main content

We did it !!!

We put up the wainscoting we wanted !
And by we, I mean my in laws too ! What a day it was, we started at 11am and didn't finish until 10pm that night... well, really we didn't finish until the following night because we still had to finish up one wall.
Let me run down how we did it. We first measured the walls and figured what size boxes would be needed. Then we traced the "boxes" on the wall, added up all we needed in trim and headed to Home Depot. We bought a trim that matched our chair rail and came home and went to work. My husband and father in law painfully put every single box together first (I think about 17 of them) and then put them on the wall. Some were glued, some we nailed depended on the wall. Now keep in mind our lovely casa is 37 years old so the walls have settled quite a bit in it's day. With that said, of course all of the walls are different shapes and sizes, so when the boxes went up some had to be adjusted to make sure they all looked right. Then we had to caulk all sides of all the boxes and then paint them. It was a very long project but I have to say it was SO worth it !!
Here are some before and then the awesome afters...

This is our dining room when we first moved in



Then we got new chairs for our kitchen table from Ikea and moved our two dining chairs to each side of the hutch.




Then the chair rail came and a new light fixture...



Then the fun began... here is my husband putting up the boxes... see some needed the handy dandy blue tape to help them set.




Then we painted the boxes...



Here is with the furniture in place...



And then another view of the room


Comments

kristi said…
haha zero doesn't look like he's into it!

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

A NYC Magical weekend

This pass weekend Mr. B and I decided to head into the city to walk around, shop and grab some street eats. It was so fun and there was just something magical about it. I took my camera along to photograph somethings. I am pretty sure we walked 40 blocks that day. Pretty awesome. This is what greeted us right outside of Penn Station. Lots of people, cabs and billboards. The next stop H & M, how cool is this light fixture. I really wanted it ! Next up Lush. Have you been? If not find one in your area and get there asap. It's amazing and all the products are great. I ended up getting sugar lips scrub and hand gurugu Here are the handmade soaps they offer too. Never tried but I hear they are amazing too ! Next up Bryant Park. It was a first for me and Mr. B... weird right? This time of year they have their own beautiful tree and cute holiday shops. It was very fun. Here is a picture of the trees because yes, there are trees in spots of NYC. I think the tree in Bryant Park is way p