Skip to main content

"Who is the fairest of them all"

Lil B has super fair and super sensitive skin. We have tried many many products and sadly, we are still on the hunt for the perfect one. His skin and his hair are nothing like Mama B's or Mr. B's. This is all very new to us.

So let's go through the products what we have tried so far.

First up, Johnson's Baby Wash and Baby Lotion. I mean, who wouldn't try it. It's been around for 100's of years and when people think baby, they think of that pink bottle of lotion. I got a bunch from my shower so when Lil B had his first sponge bath we used these two things....
The fragrance definitely bothered him. So no good. I kept using the shampoo longer since it didn't seem to bother him. Some days his scalp was a bit dry but that might just be newbie scalp. Not sure.

 
 Then we tried the Arbonne bsby line. Got the gift set at my shower too so I figured why not give it a go. No dice. Even though it's fragrance free it just didn't do anything for his dry spots. I may give it a whirl again now that he is older and his skin is a bit different.

Then my mother in law bought us some Burt's Bees because I thought it may help. Yea not so much. The shampoo seemed to dry his scalp out more and the lotion didn't do anything at all for his dry spots. 



Our pediatrician recommended the following to us. It worked for like a day and then started to be too strong for our lil guy. He smelled really amazing though, just like his mom and dad do. I've used this forever.


When I was little and I got the chicken pox, we used Aveeno oatmeal baths. I remembered this and when I was shopping in Walmart one day saw some products in the baby aisle.  So guess what, I tried them too !  At first they worked amazing. I decided since they were working so well, let's try the shampoo too. Fail ! The smell was so good but it yet again bothered Lil B's scalp. So back to the drawing board we went. Sad. It smelled so good.
 
 The lotion is good. No fragrance and it did seem to work, I figured since I was switching it up, I'd stick with the same shampoo/lotion products in the switch.
 Smells so good but not good for his scalp.

 
 
What seems to be consistently working:
I tried these things on my own with out the okay from our doctor. Momma does know best ya know and ithey seem to work great on Lil B's face. (disclaimer ** I know that some may think that's nuts to not get the okay from the doctor, but it's not something that I felt would harm Lil B in anyway or I would have asked before use)
 
And when the quest for something good for Lil B's face came about, I immediately thought Aquaphor. In the beginning of the winter his poor face was quite chapped. I put this on and it immediatley worked.

 
And for diaper rash, which he's never actually gotten, I use this. What I have found it really good for is for the lil rash he gets under his neck rolls when he sweats. I have tried all things for that too (regular baby powder, cornstarch baby powder, Gold Bonds baby powder, all applied on my hand first then his neck and I even tried Shea Moisure lotion and healing therapy... no dice) I put a teeny bit of this the other day and it worked !

Here is our latest trial. This stuff smells amazing and I can not help to have a soft spot for it since it has frankincense and myrrh in it., just like baby Jesus. So far so good, although it doesn't help with Lil B's dry patches at all but it hasn't made him break out any more. Did I mention I love the smell ? LOL I also feel good about using it since it's organic and made with great ingredients. PLUS it's a local company from Long Island and well, that in my book is a huge PLUS.


What we have not tried  yet :
California Baby, Mustela, Curel itch defense, Ceravae lotion or Babyganics. I have tried the Babyganics Ezcema cream and that dried his dry spots out way too much. They are most likely are not Ezcema but it's hard to tell. Yes, I am no doctor and each time we see our Dr. those spots are not there !!! Just his dryish skin which she says is winter baby skin lol. So moms out there any words of advice? Suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

Noah's dedication

A month later and I've finally gotten around to posting about this amazing day. Originally Mr. B and I wanted to have the dedication at home, but we opted to have it in a restaurant instead. Less clean up, less set up and less stress ! We went to one place and fell in love with it. We booked it on the spot. Here is what it looks like inside, if you know me in real life, you know this is 100% my style. I looked online for a while to find the right invite. Most websites are pre printed invites that all said "Baptism or Christening".... it was hard to find one that actually said or allowed me to write dedication. I went with the good old staple, Vistaprint. I also designed labels there as well. Below you can see both. The cake was something I wasn't 100% sold on since we really didn't need one because there was a dessert buffet. But I figured for picture use, it would be good.... hindsight, I have one picture of it !!! Waste of money, although the cake was del