Skip to main content

Play it again !!!

Related image

You know how they say sounds or scents can bring you right back to where you were when you heard or smelled that scent??? The other day I heard a song I haven't in a while and realized I have so many of these !

Here are some songs from my time-line that will bring me right back to that moment. Clearly in no particular order.

Underneath is All No Doubt reminds me of when I first met my husband Keith

Walking on Sunshine when I found out I would be graduating high school, yea it was an iffy moment for me. Not my finest.

Life is a Highway  Rascal Flats : the day I found out my cousin Kim had cancer this was playing in the church we used to attend, I played it on the way home that day and then we go the call

America Pie Don Mclean :  probably the only memory I have of my father that isn't awful. We were getting gas, this song was on and he was whistling to it.

Cold in the D old T'baby : reminds me of old co workers, on the first of each month we would play this, not sure why, but it was funny to us.

What is love Haddaway: reminds me of one of my old friends

Rain by Brain Bug  reminds me of the summer when I was 18 and went to my first actual dance club. God that was a long time ago !

Have any that bring you back to a time or place?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

Lipstick messages

Yesterday was my birthday. Nothing fabulous. At this point of my age, it's just another year older. Nothing monumental, not a new decade, nothing to go crazy about.... But it got me thinking about when my sisters and I were younger, (and anyone else who may have lived here from time to time) my mom would write lipstick messages on our bathroom mirror. Most of the times it would say "Happy Birthday" to us. And if I was having a terrible week , it would be something encouraging like "I love you, have a great day." Well, I definitely miss my lipstick messages. I wish when they were written, we had Facebook or Instagram. What a cool thing to have captured. Here is a picture of what one may have looked like, not ours, but similar.