Skip to main content

Celebration

Today is my husband's 30th birthday. Since he's younger then me, I can call him a baby =). Over the weekend I threw a family get together for him. It's hard to get everyone together but over the weekend, most of our family was there to celebrate. Here is a little run down of the festivities. Once again, I see I seriously need a new camera.

I made a play list of all songs made in the year he was born, 1981. The song "Waiting for a girl like you" by Foreigner was actually released on his birthday. Cool right.

Here's the play list :



The decorations :

I didn't go nuts because clearly, guys are usually not into it that much. I made these banners out of comic books for him. The original plan was to put the words "Happy Bday Keith" on them, but that didn't work out the way I wanted. So I just hung them on the hutch.

Here is a close up.


The cake:

I am not a baker so I was nervous to make the cake for him. I saw an idea on Martha Stewart's website that had a numbered cake covered with M & M's. http://www.marthastewart.com/287220/number-themed-birthday-party I thought that would be a little crazy to do it so I used the Pirouette cookies instead.
Ya know these ones


And here is the cake, not as impressive as the MS one, but it was pretty awesome.


The Food :

There was an abundance of food, which now I realize I never took any pictures of, oh well. I made sweet and sour meatballs, pigs in a sesame seed blanket, popcorn chicken, chips, dip, cheese and crackers, chili dip (made by my mother in law) and home made heroes. I didn't want to order a hero so I chose to create my own. There were three to choose from turkey, roasted pepper, provolone and garlic cream cheese, roast beef, american and sauteed onions and ham, apple, swiss and mustard. Yum !!
There was a lot to drink too. I made a holiday citrus rum punch I found on Martha Stewart's webpage too and my mother in law brought the Sangria. My husband is a huge beer drinker, so I bought him tons of beer and my brother in law bought even more ! So awesome.

The gifts:

In honor of my husband's love of beer I chose to make his birthday gifts all around beer. I had planned for a few months on what to get him. I bought him these towels from Etsy


This wall beer opener from Etsy too

The entire beer kit, not this one here but these are some of the parts to it.

And I put my Uncle on a mission and asked him to help me create a beer label. In passing my husband mentioned what he would name his beer "Fat Bottom Brew." And from there the rest is history. These labels blew my mind. I love them ! And PS we do have a fat white cat named zero so the label makes total sense.


And our family :

Don't mind the hubz face in this one, lots of beer = hot face, literally lol.




So happy that everyone came to celebrate with us. And for those who couldn't be there because they were far or had a prior arrangement, you were missed and we will see you soon !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

Noah's dedication

A month later and I've finally gotten around to posting about this amazing day. Originally Mr. B and I wanted to have the dedication at home, but we opted to have it in a restaurant instead. Less clean up, less set up and less stress ! We went to one place and fell in love with it. We booked it on the spot. Here is what it looks like inside, if you know me in real life, you know this is 100% my style. I looked online for a while to find the right invite. Most websites are pre printed invites that all said "Baptism or Christening".... it was hard to find one that actually said or allowed me to write dedication. I went with the good old staple, Vistaprint. I also designed labels there as well. Below you can see both. The cake was something I wasn't 100% sold on since we really didn't need one because there was a dessert buffet. But I figured for picture use, it would be good.... hindsight, I have one picture of it !!! Waste of money, although the cake was del