Skip to main content

Faith


I am not too sure who reads my blog but if we don't know each other this next post may or may not be for you. Hey, even if we do know each other it may or may not be as well. Just figured I would give you some kind of heads up that this post is not the normal decor boasting kind. It's much more deeper then that...

It's been many months since I attended a church service. My husband has gone a few times without me, because for one reason or other, I was unable to attend. Most times when I go to service I feel that they are directly speaking to me. Yesterday morning was no different. I am not sure if it's God or my church speaking to me, but whomever it is, I felt/heard it loud and clear.

Our church is different than most. First off it's set in an industrial park and when you walk into the building you would think you've walked into a cafe. It's a very warm place. Worship always begins and ends with a fantastic song. Yesterday was no different. Except, for some reason, to me, it was. Our worship is led by someone named Matt. He sings beautiful. The band behind him is nothing short of talented. Yesterday Matt invited a friend to play violin on a song I've heard time and time again. I am not quite sure what happened, but during the bridge, tears began to roll down my face. I've cried in church before, it's nothing really new. But this time, it felt different. I couldn't stop. My husband squeezed my hand hard to make me feel some comfort, like it was okay that I was crying beside him in the middle of all the church members.

The message was clear and precise to me. It was called "The Wonder Years," and was all about having the opportunity to speak to our younger selves. Our pastor reminded us of three simple things, I of course am paraphrasing :

Act the same way in private that you would act in public. It counts.
Be present at all times even when life is busy
and most of all accept that others are better then you.

Most of all, if God is tugging at you to do something with your gifts, don't ignore that tug.

These key points hit direct for me for so many reasons. There is a lot in my/our life that is changing. Some to be proud of and some to be sad about, but most of all, what counts/matters is still present. I've seen many things change over the course of four years. The same four years I've been married. Coincidence? I think not. Many things have changed. Many things have been strained but many have shined. Life feels pretty tough right now. I am writing this post because this is of course is my blog and I felt I needed to share this with some I know and some I don't. Hopefully one day I can look back on this and see the clear reason why this was the way it was.

Here is the lyrics to the song that brought my tears to surface. I am trying to get the actual audio from my church. We'll see what happens.

Water You turned into wine
Open the eyes of the blind
There’s no one like You
None like You
Into the darkness You shine
Out of the ashes we rise
There’s no one like You
None like You

CHORUS
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God…

Into the darkness you shining
Out of the ashes we Rise
There’s no One like You
None like You.

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God…
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God…

BRIDGE
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
And if Our God is for us, then who could ever stop us
And if our God is with us, then what can stand against?
What can stand against?

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God…
Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God…

And if you want to check out our church here is their website : http://www.truenorthchurch.net/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

A NYC Magical weekend

This pass weekend Mr. B and I decided to head into the city to walk around, shop and grab some street eats. It was so fun and there was just something magical about it. I took my camera along to photograph somethings. I am pretty sure we walked 40 blocks that day. Pretty awesome. This is what greeted us right outside of Penn Station. Lots of people, cabs and billboards. The next stop H & M, how cool is this light fixture. I really wanted it ! Next up Lush. Have you been? If not find one in your area and get there asap. It's amazing and all the products are great. I ended up getting sugar lips scrub and hand gurugu Here are the handmade soaps they offer too. Never tried but I hear they are amazing too ! Next up Bryant Park. It was a first for me and Mr. B... weird right? This time of year they have their own beautiful tree and cute holiday shops. It was very fun. Here is a picture of the trees because yes, there are trees in spots of NYC. I think the tree in Bryant Park is way p