Skip to main content

So....

How did you sleep last night? Was the temperature just right? Not too hot? Not too cold? Did you have enough to drink? What about eat? Did you have to walk miles to be safe in your bed? Did you have to sweep water away from where you could rest your mat to lay for the night?
I am sure none of us had any issue sleeping last night, but across the waters there are many that have these frightening conditions nightly. Right now the LRA is invading someones "safe" home and terrorizing many people in Africa. Did you even know that this was happening? Have you ever even heard of the LRA? http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/para/lra.htmI
I will admit I certainly didn't and I'd like to think I do not live under a rock, but I honestly had no idea that this was going on.
Last night my church hosted an organization called "Invisible Children." http://www.invisiblechildren.com/
This organization is trying to help end the abduction of children for the use of soldiers and stop the terror for many that is going on in Africa right now. They have already helped so many people there. The documentary http://vimeo.com/20856329 that was shown blew my mind. They have even raised enough money to set up an early warning system, similar to our 911 system we have here in the states. Can you believe that there was nothing like this before this organization got involved? What would you do if you were being hurt and there was no one to call. Scary thought right?

You can help too. 100% of the purchase of anything from their shop goes to the cause. Pretty amazing right? Head to their page, buy something, feel good about making a small effort to make a big change. http://store.invisiblechildren.com/
There are many ways to get involved too, so please check out this link. http://www.invisiblechildren.com/frontline

Sadly, we personally could not to commit to join the Protection Plan but we ended up buying some things from the store that was set up. One of the purchases was a hand made bracelet that came with a video about a boy named Emmy. Here is the trailer of Emmy. So terribly sad.
http://vimeo.com/15822391


Get involved with something. Make a difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

A NYC Magical weekend

This pass weekend Mr. B and I decided to head into the city to walk around, shop and grab some street eats. It was so fun and there was just something magical about it. I took my camera along to photograph somethings. I am pretty sure we walked 40 blocks that day. Pretty awesome. This is what greeted us right outside of Penn Station. Lots of people, cabs and billboards. The next stop H & M, how cool is this light fixture. I really wanted it ! Next up Lush. Have you been? If not find one in your area and get there asap. It's amazing and all the products are great. I ended up getting sugar lips scrub and hand gurugu Here are the handmade soaps they offer too. Never tried but I hear they are amazing too ! Next up Bryant Park. It was a first for me and Mr. B... weird right? This time of year they have their own beautiful tree and cute holiday shops. It was very fun. Here is a picture of the trees because yes, there are trees in spots of NYC. I think the tree in Bryant Park is way p