Skip to main content

The $50.00 challenge


It's no secret that this economy is a woozy. Years ago we all made much more money, including myself. This past weekend we headed to Pennsylvania to my moms house. I had budgeted $130.00 to go shopping and then on Thursday that amount quickly lessened to $50.00. Of course at first I was upset because I was working with a small enough amount already, but then I got over it. I decided to challenge myself to see what I could get. Here are some of the items. I think I did quite well.

Here is what I came up with :

An old sugar bowl, two ball jars and a cast iron coat hook. Although it won't be used for coats.

close up of the bird coat hook

Close up of the covered sugar bowl

here is where the Ball jars landed, in our laundry room

See them on the right?


Those four items came to $26.00, so there are still some left to go... But this next piece really can not count in the $50.00 since my mom technically bought it for me. But it was with in the price range to equal up to the $50.00 if I would have paid for it myself.
A vintage washboard

Because we have a half bath that is mixed with our washer and dryer, a few months ago I decided to embrace it as a laundry room. I redecorated a bit to make it feel more like a laundry room. I had an old wash board in my shed that we hung and the new addition matched well with it. I couldn't believe my eyes when we hung the second one on just how well it went !  Here is a million views of it in our laundry room/bathroom.



    

Comments

redellen14 said…
The washboard looks great! You forgot to mention that it is a glass board. Very different and very interesting. It does amaze me that you can see an item and find a perfect place for it! So I need to know what you are doing with the cast iron bird coat hanger!

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

A NYC Magical weekend

This pass weekend Mr. B and I decided to head into the city to walk around, shop and grab some street eats. It was so fun and there was just something magical about it. I took my camera along to photograph somethings. I am pretty sure we walked 40 blocks that day. Pretty awesome. This is what greeted us right outside of Penn Station. Lots of people, cabs and billboards. The next stop H & M, how cool is this light fixture. I really wanted it ! Next up Lush. Have you been? If not find one in your area and get there asap. It's amazing and all the products are great. I ended up getting sugar lips scrub and hand gurugu Here are the handmade soaps they offer too. Never tried but I hear they are amazing too ! Next up Bryant Park. It was a first for me and Mr. B... weird right? This time of year they have their own beautiful tree and cute holiday shops. It was very fun. Here is a picture of the trees because yes, there are trees in spots of NYC. I think the tree in Bryant Park is way p