Skip to main content

oooo oooo oooo... what a little grass seed can do.....

If you sing my title post to the lyrics of "What a little moonlight can do" by Billy Holiday, it will make a bit more sense to you =).




We've done a lot of work on the outside of our home in the short two years we've owned it. I never liked to do anything that involved yard work, until now. I'd be lying if I said I didn't sorta love it. It is a lot of hard work but I think it's worth it in the end. We still have some more to go but for now, it will do. Here is some pictures to show what exactly we have done. Enjoy !


Two years ago our deck looked like this, notice the nicely overgrown rhododendrons to the right of the picture? They will soon disappear....




Today it looks like this... ( don't mind the bins on the deck, we just had a BBQ for the 4th ! )



Here's another shot of those overgrown lovelys.





And what we have going on there now... not quite sure what's going on with my ornamental grass there, but it's all good.





This was the right side of our house about two years ago. Yes that is our property and not some random woods some where...





We hired a crew to clear it out and it then looked like this... stayed this way all summer of 2010





The weeds eventually grew back and it looked like this... ( see that little bird bath just sitting by itself ? good things are coming ...


So we cleared, planted and seeded... ***Note we did not put down topsoil, just saying for all you avid believers you must put down top soil ****




And then the grass began ...






And kept on going...


And going ....





We also had this beauty on the property when we bought the house. A very old, scary shed... here is stood... creepy !!!




And there it went !!!






We then built an arbor? Or is it a trellis? Who knows, but it's pretty ! Painted the remaining cement flooring and cinder block wall that was near the shed.





And then this year we stained it darker... love it !





A lil side view for ya !





Ah the left side of the property... here it was 2010, not bad but not good. Oh yea see that hill up there, yea that's our property too !!




Here it is 2011, yes you can absolutely tell where we stopped seeding... that's a project for the fall.




Thanks for looking. Let me know if you have any questions !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

Noah's dedication

A month later and I've finally gotten around to posting about this amazing day. Originally Mr. B and I wanted to have the dedication at home, but we opted to have it in a restaurant instead. Less clean up, less set up and less stress ! We went to one place and fell in love with it. We booked it on the spot. Here is what it looks like inside, if you know me in real life, you know this is 100% my style. I looked online for a while to find the right invite. Most websites are pre printed invites that all said "Baptism or Christening".... it was hard to find one that actually said or allowed me to write dedication. I went with the good old staple, Vistaprint. I also designed labels there as well. Below you can see both. The cake was something I wasn't 100% sold on since we really didn't need one because there was a dessert buffet. But I figured for picture use, it would be good.... hindsight, I have one picture of it !!! Waste of money, although the cake was del