Skip to main content

Snail mail



With all the technology these days it really makes you miss the simpler way of receiving birthday greetings, get well wishes, love letters, and plain old catch you up with their life, letters from your friends. I remember back in our dating days, my husband and I wrote little letters to each other every so often. I still have many of them. We even wrote a list of "100 things we love about each other", I still have those too.
To this day, I love when there is a birthday card or even a postcard (super rare)arrives in my mail box waiting for me. I would absolutely flip if I received a letter from someone ! It would make my day. That's why I love ordering from Etsy so much, most items include a personal letter from the seller. Such a nice touch.
When we got married, I could not wait to send out thank you cards for our shower and wedding. I picked out ones that I thought were super cute, yet modern for our shower and of course the wedding ones were the typical photo card. I put a lot of thought in what I wrote to each person, expressing our excitement of receiving their gift and about our wedding. I hope it translated to each and every one of them the way I intended it to be.

I really love note cards. Tremendously. My best friend bought me a set from Crane years ago for my birthday that I just love. I think I've used them twice because they are so beautiful, they can only be used on special occasions. This is what they look like, this picture does not do them justice.



Do you know how hard it is to find note cards on the internet these days? The search results come up with a lot of e-cards. Come on now ! After a bit of tweaking the searches I found a bunch of them on the web I figured I would share.

Here's a little giraffe print for you. So adorable.

This could be the current theme of my life !

How this reminds me of a special lady and a special vacation in Florida.

For the soft but edgy side of all of us. Love the pink !

"Nuff said" here .

And for the Barbie lover in us all.

So tell me, do you love notes in the mail as much as I do ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

Noah's dedication

A month later and I've finally gotten around to posting about this amazing day. Originally Mr. B and I wanted to have the dedication at home, but we opted to have it in a restaurant instead. Less clean up, less set up and less stress ! We went to one place and fell in love with it. We booked it on the spot. Here is what it looks like inside, if you know me in real life, you know this is 100% my style. I looked online for a while to find the right invite. Most websites are pre printed invites that all said "Baptism or Christening".... it was hard to find one that actually said or allowed me to write dedication. I went with the good old staple, Vistaprint. I also designed labels there as well. Below you can see both. The cake was something I wasn't 100% sold on since we really didn't need one because there was a dessert buffet. But I figured for picture use, it would be good.... hindsight, I have one picture of it !!! Waste of money, although the cake was del