Skip to main content

Music makes the world go round !

Hey peeps, hope you had a great weekend. Today the sun is shining, things are moving along with my work and I am a bit more happy than usual. Must have been the extra iced coffee that I just got on lunch !

I love music. I have very eclectic taste in it. I really love all genres of it besides hard core metal. I love oldies, Big Band, Alternative, Pop, hip hop, reggae, dance, Indie, yep and even country. I narrowed it down a top four that are my favorites. Wanna know? Yep thought so.

In no particular order.

Dave Matthews Band

My favorite song : Jimi Thing, with lyrics like " What I want is what I've not got, But what I need is all around me, Reaching searching never stop " how could you not think they are genius !


I can honestly say there is not one song by this band that I do not like. I've seen them 5 times in concert and loved it every time. The best was in Central Park. What a magical evening it was !

Bjork


Too many favorite songs but these lyrics from "One Day" really stick to me.

One day, it will happen
One day, it will all come true.

One day, when you're ready
One day, when you're up to it.

The atmosphere
Will get lighter
And two suns ready
To shine just for you
I can feel it, I can feel it.

Ella Fitzgerald

This lady has a set of pipes on her. Love her smooth romantic sounds to pieces. I love the version she does of "Mack the Knife," she forgets the lyrics mid way through and ad libs. So amazing !

And Led Zeppelin

.

When I was little my sister Dawn would babysit me a lot. Led Zeppelin will always remind me of her. Zeppelin, Ozzy and freestyle were the soundtrack to my childhood.

My favorite song : "Fool in the rain" Specifically listening to it in loud volumes. Amazing.

Who is your favorite?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beadboard wallpaper oh yea !!!

Oh how I love this, what an easier way to do what I want in our bedroom. And cheaper !! There is one made by Martha Stewart and Wall Doctor. So doing this ! What a great great way to get what you want with out the work and cost.

Some of my favorite outfits for Lil B so far

  I just love dressing Lil B. I can not handle it. Here are five of my faves... He is so stylish When he was a wee 1 month old !    

Noah's dedication

A month later and I've finally gotten around to posting about this amazing day. Originally Mr. B and I wanted to have the dedication at home, but we opted to have it in a restaurant instead. Less clean up, less set up and less stress ! We went to one place and fell in love with it. We booked it on the spot. Here is what it looks like inside, if you know me in real life, you know this is 100% my style. I looked online for a while to find the right invite. Most websites are pre printed invites that all said "Baptism or Christening".... it was hard to find one that actually said or allowed me to write dedication. I went with the good old staple, Vistaprint. I also designed labels there as well. Below you can see both. The cake was something I wasn't 100% sold on since we really didn't need one because there was a dessert buffet. But I figured for picture use, it would be good.... hindsight, I have one picture of it !!! Waste of money, although the cake was del